



My Grandmother passed away two weeks ago and I was blessed enough to attend her California funeral this past weekend with my parents and a couple of siblings. I just want to share a couple fond memories that I have of her with a few photos.
Every time my grandmother would come out to visit I would rush up to give her a hug and before letting go I would put our cheeks together and quote a musical by saying "We pretty people?" She would always laugh and comment how she didn't fit in that group. I would always argue with her for a moment as we walked into the house. After hearing all of the wonderful stories that strangers (to me) would share on how much my grandmother served them and blessed their lives I must argue one last time with my grandmother: You are a pretty person! You lived an amazing life and never stopped serving others. I only hope that the same things can be said of me at my memorial service.
I also want to share another fond memory I have of this incredible woman that I have the privilege of calling Grandma. When she would come out to visit. She would spend many hours of the day preparing the most amazing food for me and my family. When the day was done, she would sit down with me and anyone else who wanted to play and we would begin a night full of card playing while we feasted on peanut M&M's and microwaveable popcorn. Usually others would head to bed around 10, 11 or 12 but most of the time we wouldn't quick until 1 or 2 in the morning. I want to thank my grandmother for all of the time she spend making me feel valued. I know some nights she would have headed to bed much earlier had it not been for my puppy dog eyes and pleading for just one more game!
I love you Grandma! so much! Until we meet again, I will miss you.